Brain Rule 3 in Action
A hotel tested several messages to make guests use their towel more than once. Which one had most effect?
1. Help the hotel save energy
2. Let’s together save the environment
3. Just like other guests, help to save the environment
4. Just like other guests, help to save the environment (75% of the guests in this room participated in our savings-program)
5. Use our energy sources sparingly, think about our future generation
6. Help to save the environment
Did you choose answer 4? Very good!
49% of the guests who received this message, reused their towels If you do not know what to do, you follow others and the applicable rules. But that’s not all! Research shows that we have an in-built aversion to go against the flow of the group.
Answer 1 was least effective. Less than 16% of the guests reused the towels. The benefit was just for the hotel.
Building a Lovemark is challenging, but fulfilling! Need some help? First step: get access to our FREE resources with the newest marketing strategies and Senz&Brain Tips
About Karin van Zuilen
Interest in people, drive, entrepreneurship & innovation are typical for her. She knows what it takes to become a global market leader. The combination of global executive marketing experience and deep knowledge of psychology, innovation and branding have a high added value for her clients. Her mission: helping companies and leaders to find & implement their unique added value and contribution to society.
Strategy Consulting Sdn. Bhd.
Company number: 201801013232 (1275248-H)
T +60 (0)16 23 72 042
20 Jalan Elitis Malar Hijau
47000 Sungai Buloh
Send me more proven
Senz Performance Tips
to help me stay ahead in my market
Copyright - Senz 2017